Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul)
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
- New corporate governance rules issued by the Saudi Capital Market Authority (CMA) were adopted in February 2017. The rules enhance the rights of shareholders and board members and provide greater clarity and more transparency around determining commercial strategic planning, roles, responsibilities and oversight of corporate entities and third parties.
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- All of Tadawul’s sustainability work is underpinned by honoring its national responsibilities of adopting regulatory and market best practices, fostering market literacy and investor protection and delivering on its socio-economic responsibilities. Tadawul has a strong commitment to reducing its footprint on the natural environment by better utilizing resources in order to achieve a higher level of efficiency and sustainability. One environmental initiative in Tadawul is the development of a Recycling & Waste Management Program.
- Annual Report 2017
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Unlisted private company for profit
Government (Statutory) Model.
- The Saudi Exchange has regulatory power over the following rules & regulations which have been approved by CMA: The Updated Securities Depository Center Rules, Securities Borrowing and Lending Regulations, Short Selling Regulations, The Updated Exchange and Centre Procedures, Orders Aggregation Accounts Regulations, and Listing Rules. You can see the Rules & Regulations here.
About the stock exchange
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- The Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul) is the sole entity authorized in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to act as the kingdom's securities exchange (the Exchange), listing and trading in securities. With a market capitalization of $500 billion, and average daily trading value of nearly $1 billion (as of January 2018), the Saudi stock market is the 25th largest stock market among 68 members of the World Federation of Exchanges, and is the dominant market in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) comprising 48 percent of total GCC market capitalization and 75 percent of value traded. Tadawul is classified as a “Secondary Emerging” market in the FTSE Global Equity Index Series. For more information on Tadawul, please visit www.tadawul.com.sa
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Government of Saudi Arabia Public Investment Arm||100%|