Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
- Sustainability Section on Website.
- Sustainability section in Annual Report 2017 (pg 34).
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
- Sustainability reporting is introduced on a "comply or explain" basis.
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- Guide to Sustainability Reporting for Listed Companies
- Sustainability reporting portal on SGX website containing resources relating to sustainability reporting, including materials contributed by sustainability consultants, information on sustainability workshops and global reporting frameworks
- An Investor's Guide to Reading Sustainability Reports
Offers ESG related training
- In 2017, SGX organized 23 capability-building workshops for listed companies at a subsidized rate to enable listed companies to produce their sustainability reports.
- SGX also regularly organizes conferences and briefings in relation to sustainability issues and to develop the sustainability dialogue between investors and companies.
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- SGX listed the world's first multi-country, multi-sector, gender-lens investing instrument: The IIX Women's Livelihood Bond.
Has SME listing platform
- SGX Catalist, since 2008
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit; demutualized in 1999
Strong Exchange Model.
- The Singapore Exchange states on its website that it is 'the frontline regulator' and that the Monetary Authority of Singapore's primary role is to simply evaluate the exchange's performance as a regulatory organisation.
About the stock exchange
- Singapore Exchange is Asia’s leading and trusted market infrastructure, operating equity, fixed income and derivatives markets to the highest regulatory standards. As Asia’s most international, multi-asset exchange, SGX provides listing, trading, clearing, settlement, depository and data services, with about 40% of listed companies and 75% of listed bonds originating outside of Singapore.
- SGX is the world’s most liquid offshore market for the benchmark equity indices of China, India, Japan and ASEAN and offers commodities and currency derivatives products. Headquartered in AAA-rated Singapore, SGX is globally recognised for its risk management and clearing capabilities.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|SEL Holdings Pte Ltd||23.36%|