Qatar Stock Exchange
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
- However, there are sustainability and governance updates integrated into Annual Report 2016.
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
- However, in 2009 the Qatar Financial Market Authority (QFMA) introduced the Corporate Governance Code (the QFMA Code). Qatar’s listed companies are required to operate within a ‘comply or explain’ corporate governance code administered by QFMA.
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
- In October 2017, the Qatar Stock Exchange held a senior level sustainability engagement session with listed companies to promote the business case for ESG and sustainability in partnership with Sustainability Excellence, a leading provider of sustainability and ESG strategy and disclosure services in Qatar and the Middle East.
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- QSE SME Bourse, since 2017
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Private company for profit
Independent Member Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- The Qatar Financial Markets Authority has full regulatory oversight and enforcement of the capital markets in Qatar. However, it should be noted that this institution was developed as a result of governmental law.
About the stock exchange
Location: Doha, Qatar.
- Established in 1995, the Doha Securities Market (DSM) officially started operations in 1997. Since then the exchange has grown to become one of the leading stock markets in the GCC region. In June 2009, Qatar Holding, the strategic and direct investment arm of Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), and NYSE Euronext, the world’s leading exchange group, signed an agreement to form a major strategic partnership to establish the Exchange as a world-class market. The DSM was renamed the Qatar Stock Exchange on the conclusion of the deal. The primary aim of the Qatar Stock Exchange is to support Qatar’s economy by providing a venue for capital raising for Qatari companies as part of their corporate strategy and giving investors a platform through which they can trade a variety of products in a transparent and efficient manner. The Qatar Stock Exchange also provides the public with access to market information and ensures correct disclosure of information. Source
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Qatar Holding LLC||100%|