Philippine Stock Exchange
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
290,339 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
- Sustainability Section integrated into Annual Report 2016.
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- However, does offer guidance on corporate governance:
Code of Corporate Governance launched in November 2016, drawing from the G20/OECD Principles of Corporate Governance and the ASEAN Corporate Governance Scorecard.
Offers ESG related training
- October 2018 - 5th annual Corporate Governance Forum "Ushering in the Era of Sustainability and Sustainable Business". Held by the Securities and Exchange Comimssion (SEC) and the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE).
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- SME Board, since 2001
- Celebrates the "PSE Bell Awards for Corporate Governance," recognizing listed companies adhereing to the highest standards of corporate governance (Annual Report 2016, pg. 62)
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit; demutualized in 2001
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model .
- Regulates listed companies through its Listing and Disclosure Rules, and trading participants (securities brokers) through its Rules Governing Trading Rights and Trading Participants and through its surveillance and audit arm Capital Markets Integrity Corporation (CMIC) and CMIC Rules.
About the stock exchange
Location: Makati City, Philippines.
- More about the PSE here.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|San Miguel Corporation Retirement Plan||10.3%|
|Premier Capital Venture Corp||9.1%|
|Banco de Oro for PLDT Retirement Fund||9.1%|
|Government Service Insurance System||9.1%|