Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE)
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
26,489 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- However, published draft document of The Kenya Green Bond Programme along with the IFC and several other organizations, outlining a way forward for green bonds in Kenya. (Source)
Has SME listing platform
- NSE Growth and Enterprise Market Segment (Kenya), since 2013
- Part of the UN Global Compact
- Signed the Code of Ethics for Business in Kenya
- Promotes the Fire Award, a prestigious award in East Africa for businesses that prioritize integrated ESG reporting in financial reports.
- Participated in "Ring the Bell for Gender Equality" in 2016.
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Public listed company. Demutualised. June 2014
- The NSE is subject to regulation by the CMA. However, from September 2016, the Exchange will become a Limited Self-Regulatory Organisation.
About the stock exchange
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
- Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) is the principal bourse in Kenya, offering an automated platform for the listing and trading of multiple securities. Going forward, the Exchange will avail new products including; Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), Financial and Commodity Derivatives and Carbon Credits.The NSE is publicly traded and is the second self-listed exchange in Africa. (Source)
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Standard Chartered Kenya Nominees A/C KE002374||16.09%|
|Standard Chartered Kenya Nominees A/C KE22446||5.66%|
|CFC Stanbic Nominees A/C NR1030823||4.14%|