Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
No, but committed in Q2 2017 to publishing guidance.
Offers ESG related training
No Data for 2018
Has sustainability-related indices
Yes: offers 70 sustainability-related indexes (not all actively traded), including:
- OMX GES Ethical indexes
- NASDAQ Clean Edge US Index (CLEN)
- OMX CRD Global Sustainability Index
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
Nasdaq Progress Report 2014, United Nations Global Compact
- Nasdaq speaks, moderates, sponsors, or otherwise exhibits at key industry events related to sustainability. Source
- Nasdaq and CERES’ Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR) are working with other partners to create an investor-centric sustainability reporting proposal for public companies and stock exchanges. Source
- Nasdaq had a three-part article series in 2013, called Doing Well by Doing Good.
- Nasdaq is a member of the United Nations Global Compact and Chair of the WFE Sustainability Working Group. Source.
- Board Member, US Global Compact US Network; Advisory Board Member, SASB.
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit; demutualized in:
- NASDAQ - 2000
- OMX - 1993
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model.
- Regulatory practices in regards to this exchange vary slightly from country to country. The exchanges operated by Nasdaq in each country appear to have basic regulatory oversight. However, the ultimate regulatory authority for each market lies with the regulatory bodies listed.
About the stock exchange
HQ Location: New York, New York.
- Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets.
- Nasdaq was the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, and its technology powers more than 90 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to approximately 3,900 total listings with a market value of approximately $13 trillion. To learn more, visit their website.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Bourse Dubai Ltd.||17.9%|
|MFS Investment Management||8.4%|
|The Vanguard Group||7.1%|