Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- Released in March 2017 across Nasdaq's Nordic and Baltic Exchanges.
Offers ESG related training
- Nasdaq Nordic and Baltic exchanges run a pilot program on ESG reporting.
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- While not every Nasdaq office has a sustainability bond listing segment, Nasdaq Stockholm launched a new list for sustainable corporate bonds in 2015.
Has SME listing platform
- Nasdaq First North, since 2006
- Nasdaq Progress Report 2014, United Nations Global Compact The Nasdaq speaks, moderates, sponsors, or otherwise exhibits at key industry events related to sustainability. (Source)
- Nasdaq and CERES’ Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR) is working with other partners to create an investor-centric sustainability reporting proposal for public companies and stock exchanges. (Source)
- Nasdaq had a three-part article series in 2013, called Doing Well by Doing Good. (Source)
- Nasdaq is a member of the United Nations Global Compact and Chair of the WFE Sustainability Working Group. (Source)
- Board Member, US Global Compact US Network; Advisory Board Member, SASB.
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit; demutualized in:
- NASDAQ - 2000
- OMX - 1993
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- Regulatory practices with regards to this exchange vary slightly from country to country. However, the exchanges operated by Nasdaq in each country appear to have basic regulatory oversight. However, the ultimate regulatory authority for each market lies with the regulatory bodies listed.
About the stock exchange
HQ Location: New York, New York
- Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,500 listed companies with a market value of over $8.8 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit www.nasdaq.com/ambition or business.nasdaq.com.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Borse Dubai, Ltd.||17.9%|
|MFS Investment Management||8.4%|
|The Vanguard Group||7.1%|