Bourse de Luxembourg (Luxembourg Stock Exchange)
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
68,639 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
- LuxSE issued an updated version of their “10 Principles of Corporate Governance” which now requires listed companies to develop, implement, and report on their CSR policies.
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- Page 28 of "10 Principles of Corporate Governance"
Offers ESG related training
- 2017, alongside COP23: Workshops on green bonds, the regulatory dimension of green finance, green equities and TCFD implications. Events co-hosted by the SSE. More here.
Has sustainability-related indices
- Lux RI Fund Index measures the overall performance of a basket of responsible investing funds in Luxembourg.
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- LuxSE is the world leader in listing green bonds. The first green bond, issued by the EIB, was listed in Luxembourg in 2007.
- In 2016, LuxSE launched the Luxembourg Green Exchange (LGX), a separate platform for green, social, and sustainable bonds. LGX is ranked 1st in the world based on global share of listed green bonds, with over 160 listed green, social, and sustainable bonds.
Has SME listing platform
- Euro MTF, since 2005
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Private company for profit
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- Due to the involvement of the CSSF and the European Commission, the Luxembourg Stock Exchange wields relatively little regulatory power. The exchange has the power to set rules for the companies listed on its exchange, but ultimate authority falls upon the CSSF and general laws come from the European Commission.
About the stock exchange
- Our identity: Since our founding in 1928, we have developed extensive experience in the field of listing and trading of globally issued securities. Our focus has always been international and this has allowed us to become the leader in international listings. We are the largest stock exchange in terms of international bond listings. We are also a leading exchange for other types of international issues, such as global depositary receipts. A largely local shareholding structure allows us to remain independent in our decisions. A final advantage is our subsidiary Fundsquare, which specialises in information services for investment funds. Source.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|