London Stock Exchange
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
3,483,490 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
- Listing rules are set by the regulator, not the LSE. In the UK the changes to the Companies Act 2006 (Strategic Report and Directors Report) regulations came into effect on 1 October 2013. This means extra reporting on greenhouse gas emissions, human rights and diversity is now required within the front half of the annual report. Source
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
- Through FTSE, which is wholly owned by LSEG, detailed ESG ratings and data are provided to the investment community globally. These are presented at a variety of investor conferences globally and FTSE works with asset owners, asset managers and banks to develop tailor custom ESG services. Source
- Practicing Integrated Thinking & Reporting (with Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, 2014)
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- LSEG has a range of dedicated green bond segments, launched in June 2015. There are currently 42 green bonds listed on LSE.
- Green bond factsheet from April 2017 can be found here.
Has SME listing platform
- Alternative Investment Market, since 2005
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit; demutualized in UK in 2000
Government (Statutory) Model
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is responsible for regulating the financial services markets, exchanges and firms. They have full listing authority in the UK, and have full power to monitor the markets. The FCA looks after conduct, competition and actions that occur on the London Stock Exchange. This would thus be considered a Government (Statutory) Model.
About the stock exchange
Location: London, United Kingdom
- London Stock Exchange is one of the world’s oldest stock exchanges and can trace its history back more than 300 years.
- London Stock Exchange Group was created in October 2007 when London Stock Exchange merged with Milan Stock Exchange, Borsa Italiana. Source
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Borse Dubai Ltd||20.71%|
|Qatar Investment Authority||15.40%|
|Lindsell Train Ltd.||4.40%|