Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX)
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
516 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
- Plans to launch first sustainability report in 2019
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
- Sustainability reporting is required under Indonesia Financial Services Authority (Otoritas Jasa Keuangan) rule number 51/POJK.03/2017: Implementation of Sustaianability Finance for Financial Services Institutions, Issuers and Public Companies. All listed companies are required to publish Sustainability Reporting starting from:
- Banking Corporations (from 2019)
- Listed Companies (from 2020)
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- Guidance for Sustainability Reporting can be found on Indonesia Financial Services Authority (Otoritas Jasa Keuangan) rule number 51/POJK.03/2017 regarding Implementation of Sustainability Finance for Financial Services Institutions, Issuers, and Public Companies.
Offers ESG related training
Has sustainability-related indices
- SRI-KEHATI is one of indices, which serves as the indicator of stock price movement in Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX). This index uses the principles of sustainability, finance, and good governance, as well as environmental concerns as a benchmark. The index, launched on June 8, 2009 by the Indonesian Biodiversity Foundation (KEHATI) in partnership with IDX. It consist of 25 selected companies which are considered to have various kinds of consideration in running their business in relation to environmental concern, business management, community involvement, human resources, human rights, their business behavior and way of operation with internationally accepted business ethics.
Please refer to number 16 (SRI-KEHATI Indices)
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- Under Financial Services Authority (Otoritas Jasa Keuangan) rule number 60 /POJK.04/2017 regarding Issuing and Requirement of Green Bond, Indonesia has green bond segment. One green bond issuance listed on IDX was issued by PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (Persero) amounting to Rp500 Billion or equal to USD35Mn
Has SME listing platform
- Currently IDX has 2 boards, Main Board and Development Board. Requirement for listing on the Development Board is suitable for SME. As of 31 March 2019 there are 310 companies listed on the Development Board with a total market cap of Rp849.02 Trillion or USD$59,61Billion. To further accommodate SMEs’ fund raising, IDX is currently developing new board below Development Board, namely Acceleration Board. Hopefully through this initiative, IDX can accommodate more SMEs accessing fund through Capital Market. We expect to launch this initiative in 2019.
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Non Profit
- IDX is operating under supervision of Indonesia Financial Services Authority (Otoritas Jasa Keuangan), however, IDX under OJK’s approval, provides its own Listing Rule and Listing Requirement
Strong Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- In Indonesia, the capital markets are regulated by the Indonesian Capital Market and Financial Supervisory Agency. The agency is responsible for the supervision of the Indonesia Stock Exchange, the enforcement of the Capital Markets Act and of its own rules and regulations. The Indonesia Stock Exchange, on the other hand, is self-regulatory and regulates its own market and possesses the ability to enact rules on listing and membership requirements. However, there is no evidence that the exchange is able to regulate its members' business conduct or participate in any more significant regulatory functions. Several additional tasks are handled by two other regulatory bodies: the Indonesian Central Securities Depository and the Indonesian Clearing and Guarantee Corporation.
About the stock exchange
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) is a nonprofit Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO). IDX operates under the supervision of Indonesia Financial Services Authority (Otoritas Jasa Keuangan). As the only Stock Exchange in Indonesia, IDX consistently promotes Indonesia Capital Market integrity and ensures that securities trading activities are exercised in an orderly, fair and efficient manner. IDX headquarter is in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. To make sure financial iteration are spreading across Indonesia, IDX has 29 Representatives Offices and 412 Investment Galleries.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|