Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Yes, in 2016 Annual Report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
- Circular 155/2015/TT-BTC (dated 06/10/2015) on guidelines for information disclosure on securities market.
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- The SSC, in cooperation with the IFC, published an Environmental and Social Disclosure Guide in 2016.
Offers ESG related training
- E&S training programme held in 2015. Annual Report details additional trainings held in 2016 for market participants on corporate governance (pg 34).
Has sustainability-related indices
- Sustainability Index (VNSI) launched on 24 July 2017. VNSI measures the performance of the top 20 sustainable listed companies on HOSE. Constituents are selected from the VN100 (100 largest companies on HOSE).
Has sustainability bond listing segment
No, but working on developing green listings
Has SME listing platform
- In parallel with the launch of the sustainability index, the HOSE exchange is working on implementing green corporate bond listing
- HOSE is part of the governmental Vietnam Green Growth Strategy with the support from GIZ (Germany)
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Governmental not for profit
Government (Statutory) Model
- The State Securities Commission is an organization under the Ministry of Finance, charged with the functions of the state regulation of securities and securities market, direct regulation and supervision of activities in securities and securities market, management of public services in the fields of securities and securities market in accordance with applicable laws. HoChiMinh Stock Exchange is empowered to issue Regulations on Listing, Trading, Membership, Market Surveillance, etc. for those activities on its marketplace.
About the stock exchange
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- In an effort to industrialize and modernize the country, maintain stable economic growth and restructure the economy to enhance its efficiency and competition, Vietnam had needed huge capital for investment. Therefore, a securities market in Vietnam was in urgent demand in order to mobilize mid-term and long-term capital internally, as well as outside the country into economic investment through debt securities and capital securities. In addition, equitization of state-owned enterprises along with establishment and development of securities market would create a more open and healthier business environment.
- On July 10th 1998, the Prime Minister signed Decree No. 48/1998/ND-CP on stock and securities market and a Decision to set up two securities trading centers at Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
- On July 20th 2000, the Ho Chi Minh City Securities Trading Center officially became operational and executed the first trading session on July 28th 2000 with 2 types of listing stocks.
- After 7 years of growing and integrating into the global securities market, the government signed Decision No. 599/QD-TTg on May 11th 2007 to transfer the Ho Chi Minh City Securities Trading Center to Hochiminh Stock Exchange (HOSE). On August 8th 2007, Hochiminh Stock Exchange was officially opened.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Vietnam Ministry of Finance||100.00%|