Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE)
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
- Listed Companies have to report on compliance of conditions of Corporate Governance Guidelines of the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission in their annual Financial Reports. (Source)
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- However but has committed to publishing a guidance, and
Corporate Governance Guidelines have been available since 2016.
Offers ESG related training
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- Listed Companies have to report on compliance with conditions of Corporate Governance Guidelines of the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission in their annual Financial Reports.
- Corporate Governance Guidelines have been available since 2016
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Demutualized in 2013, incorporated as a limited company in 1995
- After demutualization the Chittagong Stock Exchange Ltd (CSE) has been registered as a Public Limited company under Companies Act, 1994.
- The Board, headed by an elected Chairman from the Independent Directors, consist of 13 members, comprising 7 Independent Directors, 5 Shareholder Directors which include 1 Strategic Investor and the Managing Director (Source)
- CSE activities are regulated by its own Memorandum & Articles of Association, regulations and by laws along with the rules, order and notifications of the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC) (Source)
About the stock exchange
Location: Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Chittagong Stock Exchange is one of the highly automated and sophisticated bourses of Bangladesh. CSE commenced its operation in 1995 and in 2013 it was converted into a demutualized Exchange. We are a fast progressing frontier market in South Asia with a transformational business plan to accommodate new products and services. CSE Next Generation Trading System (NGTS) supports multi asset class and multi-channel trading facilities.
- CSE is an affiliated member of the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE), the founding member of the South Asian Federation of Exchanges (SAFE) and a member of the OIC Member States’ Stock Exchanges Forum, through which it maintains wide exposure to international and regional exchanges.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|