Bourse des Valeurs Mobilières de Tunis
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
9,501 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- Tunis Stock Exchange Alternative Market, since 2007
- The TSE tries to favor the economic efficiency and the good governance in companies, control of the risks bound to their activity to reassure investors and investors, but also the other stakeholders. It considers social responsibility is favorable for listed companies, because it helps them anticipate the crises, face instabilities and consequently make the good decisions.
- In 2017, the stock exchange achieved a set of actions concerning in particular the realization of seminaries dedicated to the stakeholders of the market, training employees of TSE for the implementation of an approach of CSR according to the ISO 26000 standards, the participation in the quarterly webinar gathering of the members registered in the SSE Initiative, the dissemination of their reporting of CSR on the web site of the SSE Initiative, the participation on the university demonstrations and debates on the CSR, and the celebrating of the world day for the promotion of the gender equality on March 8th.
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Limited company equally held by brokerage firms. Minister of finance is represented by a government commissioner.
- CMF is a public authority with legal personality and financial autonomy. The CMF is responsible for ensuring the protection of savings invested in securities, the organization of markets and ensuring their smooth operation to prevent practices that may impede the proper functioning. It is also responsible for monitoring financial reporting and punishment of breaches or violations of the regulations. It oversees the Tunis Stock Exchange, the Brokers and Tunisian Clearing. Source.
About the stock exchange
- In February 1969, the BVMT was created as a public establishment. In November 1995 Tunis Stock Exchange was created as a limited company held by the brokers, 23 in total. Source.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|