Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
- Euronext however supports and implements ESMA’s and National Competent Authorities’stringent rules with regards to governance among its community of listed companies.
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- Euronext does list green bonds and has done so through Euronext Amsterdam, Euronext Lisbon and Euronext Paris.
- Euronext Annual Financial Reports
- Euronext also supports climate friendly innovations by financing Cleantech SMEs benefitting from major Euronext initiatives:
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit; demutualized in 2000
Government (Statutory) Model
- The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) classifies Euronext’s European cash markets as a regulated market. As such, the real-time monitoring performed by Euronext’s cash market operations and technical support is formally enforced, and our trading rules and procedures are approved by our five regulators. This regulatory and organizational system gives Euronext the power to efficiently manage crisis situations and extraordinary circumstances. Some of the markets organized by Euronext are exchange regulated, which means they are subject to a body of rules laid down by the market operator, Euronext. They are not regulated markets as defined by the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID). These structured, exchange regulated markets offer simplified access to financial markets and streamlined listing requirements for companies from every sector of the economy, while ensuring compliance with rules on investor disclosure and the control of financial information. Source
About the stock exchange
Location of the listed holding: Portugal, Lisbon.
- Euronext is the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone, spanning Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Portugal, the UK and Ireland. Created in 2000, and expanded to Ireland in March 2018, it unites markets which date back to the start of the 17th century. It is the primary exchange in the Euro zone with nearly 1,300 listed issuers worth close to €4.5 trillion in market capitalization as of end February 2018, an unmatched blue chip franchise consisting of 20+ issuers in the Morningstar® Eurozone 50 Index℠ and a strong diverse domestic and international client base.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|