Bolsa de Valores de Colombia (Colombian Securities Exchange)
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
- Gender Equality
- Sustainabiliy MILA Index
- Green Bonds Workshop
- Sustainability for Investors Workshop
- Best Practices in Corporate Governance
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- Two issuers list green bonds.
- In 2018, BVC is working to launch social bonds.
Has SME listing platform
- Sustainability Impact Investment Fund: Inversor
- Bolsa de Valores de Colombia is a member of the United Nations Global Compact
- Inversión Responsable y Sostenible: Visión General, Prácticas Actuales y Tendencias
- It is also part of the Sustainability Working Group of the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE), which in 2016, participated in the creation of a survey and guidance for the federation’s exchanges.
Organizational model of stock exchange
Listed company for profit; demutualized in 2007
- Ministry of Finance and Public Credit
- Superintendent of Finance
- Colombian Capital Market Self Regulator (AMV)
- Independent Member Self-Regulatory Organization Model The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit is an entity of the Colombian Federal Government that issues regulations and laws regarding the stock exchange. The Superintendent of Financial Institutions sets out instructions in order for exchanges to remain compliant with the aforementioned laws and regulations. The Exchange of Colombia is self-regulatory and manages its own operations; its supervisory tasks are handled by a separate organization it created in 2006 which is known as the "Autorregulador del Mercado de Valores".
About the stock exchange
- The Colombian Securities Exchange (BVC:CB) is the strategic partner of the financial and capital market sectors in Colombia. The BVC is a multi-product, multi-market and vertically integrated Exchange that manages the trading and registration systems platforms for equities, fixed income, derivatives, FX, OTC and listing services. The Exchange also provides dematerialized issuances, administration, clearing, settlement and custody services (Deceval: Central Securities Depository).
- The exchange has a presence in the clearing and settlement infrastructure through its investments in the Central Counterparty Risk Clearing House (CRCC) and the FX Clearing House (CCDC). BVC provides market access and market data services, as well as, price vendor, assets valuation and risk management services (Precia); and specialized technology and innovation solutions (Sophos).(Source)
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|BBVA COLOMBIA S.A.||7.33%|
|BANCO DAVIVIENDA S.A.||6.32%|
|B3 S.A. - BRASIL BOLSA BALCAO||6.11%|
|ITAU CORPBANCA COLOMBIA SA||5.74%|
|BANCARD INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT INC||5.74%|
|FONDO DE PENSIONES OBLIGATORIAS PORVENIR MODERADO||4.69%|
|BMO INVESTMENTS II (IRELAND) PCL||4.34%|
|UNIVERSIDAD DE MEDELLIN||4.14%|
|CORPORACION FINANCIERA COLOMBIANA S.A.||4.04%|