Bolsa Mexicana de Valores (Mexican Stock Exchange)
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
417,021 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
- Offers diplomas in corporate governance and climate finance.
Has sustainability-related indices
- ISRS Sustainability Index: Índice IPC Sustentable (ISRS).
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- 10 labeled bonds have been issued in Mexico, 4 of which were Sustainable Bonds with a special designation in their ticker symbol.
- Developed Green Bonds Principles MX along with Climate Finance Advisory Group (CCFC) in 2017.
Has SME listing platform
- Social responsibility section on website
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit; demutualized in 2008
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- The Bolsa Mexicana de Valores does not require the Comision Nacional Bancaria de Valores' (CNBV) permission to install regulations. However, the CNBV has the authority to veto any installed regulations, remove officers or directors and revoke the self-regulatory status of the exchange. Additionally, exchanges must report to the CNBV on their adherence to any imposed self-regulatory practices.
About the stock exchange
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- BMV Group is a fully integrated Exchange Group that operates cash, listed derivatives and OTC markets for multiple asset classes, including equities, fixed income and exchange traded funds, as well as custody, clearing and settlement facilities and data products for the local and international financial community. BMV is the second largest stock exchange in Latin America with a total market capitalization of over US$ 530 billion. (More here)
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|