Bolsas y Mercados Españoles
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- In 2016 published an ESG reporting voluntary guide for its listed companies called “Spanish Stock Exchange’s Voluntary Market Guidance for Listed Companies for Corporate Reporting on ESG Information”
Offers ESG related training
- Instituto BME, covers sustainability issues in its mFIA Master Degree (consisting of 550 lecture hours). It is covered within the Ethics module and a chapter about Socially Responsible Investment is also included. Information found here.
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- Although, green bonds i.e. by ADIF-ALTA VELOCIDAD + AYUNTAMIENTO DE BARCELONA
Has SME listing platform
- MAB Expansion, since 2008
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit; demutualized in 2001
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- The Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV) acts as the supervisory body for capital markets in Spain. The CNMV possesses the authority to impose changes in the markets and continuously monitors the BME Group. As such, the exchange wields limited regulatory authority although it is still considered to be self-regulated.
About the stock exchange
Location: Headquarters in Madrid, Spain.
- Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (BME) is the operator of all stock Markets and financial systems in Spain. BME has been a listed company since 14 July 2006. In the last few years it has become a reference in the sector in terms of solvency, efficiency and profitability. BME is a high technological company with a highly skilled workforce. It has the know-how and resources necessary to offer a wide range of services, products and advanced trading and global market access systems to issuers, intermediaries and investors, whether in Spain or elsewhere. Source
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Corporación Financiera Alba||12.06%|