Amman Stock Exchange (ASE)
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- Hosted 3rd annual "Ringing Bell for Gender Equality Stock Exchange Initiative" in March 2017, in cooperation with the IFC, to celebrate Women's International Day.
- Sustainability Brochure (in Arabic and English). Version 1, published August 2017 Version 2, published November 2017 Guidance on Sustainability Reporting, published August 2018.
Organizational model of stock exchange
- A for profit public shareholding company completely owned by the government.
- The ASE is governed by a seven-member board of directors appointed by the council of ministers and full-time chief executive officer. The ASE is supervised by the Jordan Securities Commission (JSC).
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- The Amman Stock Exchange is able to administer and implement its own rules, however the Jordan Securities Commission oversees the activities and rule making of the exchange itself. Thus, although the exchange does indeed possess this self-regulatory ability, the ultimate decision falls upon the Jordan Securities Commission. Because of the level of supervision implemented upon the exchange by the Jordan Securities Commission, the exchange is classified as a 'Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model'.
About the stock exchange
Location: Amman, Jordan
- The Amman Stock Exchange (ASE) was established in March 1999 as a non-profit independent institution; authorized to function as a regulated market for trading securities in Jordan. On February 20th 2017, the ASE has been registered as a public shareholding company completely owned by the government under the name "The Amman Stock Exchange Company (ASE Company)." The ASE Company shall be the legal and factual successor to the ASE. The ASE Company is governed by a seven-member board of directors appointed by the Council of Ministers and a full time chief executive officer oversees day-to-day responsibilities. The ASE Company aims to operate, manage and develop the operations and activities of securities, commodities, and derivatives markets inside and outside Jordan. The ASE membership is comprised of Jordan's 59 brokerage firms. Source
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|