Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
Requires ESG reporting as a listing rule
- Euronext however supports and implements ESMA’s and National Competent Authorities’ stringent rules with regards to governance among its community of listed companies.
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
- Governance Guide to Investors
- Green Bonds Modus Operandi
- ISR Relations Workshops in partnership with Amundi & Morningstar training
- CSR and Corporate Governance Workshop in partnership with EY, Guberna, IFA, etc.
- Integrated Reporting Symposium in partnership with CAPITALCOM
- Carbon Disclosure Project Awards for “Best in Class Issuers” in partnership with Accenture, CDP and Dekka
- Workshops with Vigeo on Sustainable Development Projects Financing
- ESG dedicated Workshops gathering Issuers and Investors
- Presentation of the 1st ranking of CAC40 Companies most committed to CSR in partnership with Institut RSE
Has sustainability-related indices
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- Euronext Annual Financial Reports
- Euronext also supports climate friendly innovations by financing Cleantech SMEs benefitting from major Euronext initiatives:
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit; demutualized in 2000
Government (Statutory) Model
- The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) classifies Euronext’s European cash markets as a regulated market. As such, the real-time monitoring performed by Euronext’s cash market operations and technical support is formally enforced, and our trading rules and procedures are approved by our five regulators. This regulatory and organizational system gives Euronext the power to efficiently manage crisis situations and extraordinary circumstances. Some of the markets organized by Euronext are exchange regulated, which means they are subject to a body of rules laid down by the market operator, Euronext. They are not regulated markets as defined by the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID). These structured, exchange regulated markets offer simplified access to financial markets and streamlined listing requirements for companies from every sector of the economy, while ensuring compliance with rules on investor disclosure and the control of financial information. Source
About the stock exchange
Location of the listed holding: Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Location of each of the stock exchanges : Amsterdam – Brussels – Lisbon – London – Paris.
- Euronext is the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone, spanning Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Portugal, the UK and Ireland. Created in 2000, and expanded to Ireland in March 2018, it unites markets which date back to the start of the 17th century. It is the primary exchange in the Euro zone with nearly 1,300 listed issuers worth close to €4.5 trillion in market capitalization as of end February 2018, an unmatched blue chip franchise consisting of 20+ issuers in the Morningstar® Eurozone 50 Index℠ and a strong diverse domestic and international client base.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|