Date: 7 December 2015
Location: Hotel Peninsula, 5 Avenue des Portugais, Paris, France
Registration: Private, by invitation only
This December in Paris, world leaders gathered for the UN climate summit (COP21) to complete a new global agreement. This summit caps a year that has seen numerous momentous international breakthroughs, from the G20 pact on climate policy to the China-USA Joint Presidential Announcement on Climate Change. As climate plays an increasingly prominent role in the development of investment policy and regulation, it also has a growing impact on capital markets, investors and corporations. COP21 set the stage for a new generation of global climate change policies that will influence markets for years to come.
How can capital market leaders help to deliver the forthcoming climate change agreements in Paris? How will these agreements shape capital markets in the coming years? This peer-to-peer CEO summit provided a platform for addressing climate challenges and opportunities and sharing views on the path forward. Hosted by Mirova and Natixis, this United Nations event welcomed an exclusive group of C-level participants from stock exchanges, institutional investors, and listed companies joining public policy leaders from international organizations, national governments and regulatory bodies.
8:30-9:30 Euronext Opening Bell: Euronext Paris
11:00-11:20 Coffee served as speakers arrive to Hotel Peninsula
11:20-11:30 Opening comments
11:30-13:30 Moderated high-level dialogue
14:30-15:00 Concluding remarks
Opening Bell at Euronext Paris
Pictures from the SSE Leaders Luncheon
- BME Joins The Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) Initiative, Mondovisione
- BME Se Incorpora a la Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) Initiative, BME
- Bolsas y Mercado Españoles Joins the Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative, BusinessNewsAsia
- Business Cliamte Change Show ‘Unstoppable Momentum’, Environment News Service
- COP 21: Euronext Joins the U.N. Sustainable Stock Exchange Initiative, Mondovisione
- Euronext joins the U.N. Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative, The FINANCIAL
- Euronext Teams up with the UN’s Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative, Finance Magnates
- European Euronext exchanges join sustainable initiative, IR Magazine
- Global Market Leaders Gather in Paris to Support UN Climate Talks, UNEP
- Putting Stock in Climate Change Action, Huffington Post
The Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative
The UN SSE initiative is co-organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment and the UNEP Finance Initiative. Launched in 2009 by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, the SSE initiative is a peer-to-peer learning platform for exploring how exchanges (in collaboration with policymakers, regulators, investors and companies) can promote responsible investment for sustainable development. Stock exchanges around the world are invited to join the initiative by signing a voluntary public commitment to promote sustainable business practices in their market.