Date: 6 September 2016
Time: 8:00 – 13:00
Location: Simpor Junior, Level 4, Marina Bay Sands, 10 Bayfront Ave, Singapore
Held once every two years, the SSE flagship Global Dialogue is a unique global gathering designed to bring together market leaders to analyse, promote and foster communication on stock exchanges’ sustainability initiatives. Attracting speakers and audience members from around the world, the SSE Global Dialogue has become the main global platform for convening dialogue on sustainable capital markets. The 2016 Global Dialogue built on the launch of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the outcomes of the United Nations Paris Summit on Climate Change (COP21). These two agreements have led to a new Global Sustainable Development Agenda, which is further strengthened by the 2016 G20 China presidency Green Finance Study Group. The 2016 SSE Global Dialogue provided a platform for stock exchanges to meet with their peers and stakeholders to evaluate the impact of new global sustainable development and green-finance policy agendas on capital markets.
For the full speech by the Singapore’s Minister of the Environment and Water Resources, H.E. Masagos Zulkifli, click here.
Key questions that were addressed:
- What implications will the new sustainable development goals have on capital markets, and how can stock exchanges, investors and companies contribute to their implementation?
- How can stock exchanges help to achieve effective ESG disclosure and promote transparency with the aim of creating value for listed companies and attracting investors?
- How can stock exchanges effectively foster new types of green finance products such as low carbon indices and green bonds?
Hosted alongside the PRI in Person, an annual meeting of investors, the dialogue welcomed a high-level roundtable of speakers from stock exchanges, regulators, investors, companies, ministries and international organizations as well as around 150 observers.
Stock exchanges demonstrated progress, while highlighting challenges and opportunities that can benefit from policy innovation. Market participants shared experiences which assisted exchanges and their regulators in their efforts to better incorporate sustainable development into capital markets.
|08:00||Registration, coffee and tea provided|
|12:30||Keynote address by H.E. Minister for the Environment and Water Resources|
|12:45||Conclusion of Global Dialogue|
- SGX Joins United Nations Sustainable Stock Exchange initiative, Business Times
- 60 stock exchanges sign up to UNCTAD sustainability initiative, FTSE Global Markets
- QSE committed to promoting sustainability, transparency in SSE initiative, Gulf Times
- Olso Børs: Growing Emphasis On Corporate Responsibility, Mondovisione
- Qatar – UN’s ‘Global Dialogue’ initiates good opportunity, MENAFN
- 59 stock exchanges join hands in UNCTAD sustainability initiative, Financial Express
The SSE Global Dialogue took place alongside PRI in Person. For more details on this event, please visit the PRI’s website here.